Wednesday 4 September 2013

Olivia Munn: There is no box... Dont restrain yourself

Each day that I have to be in school early is both a blessing and a rush because I have to ensure I don’t miss the bus and I also have the opportunity to pick up 'metro', the newspaper that tells me whats going on and has my favourite sudoku.
Let me now tell you what this is all about; It is about Olivia Munn who is featured on September 2, 2013 Metro life&style .

see more after the cut >>>
What I will focus on from that write up is the part where she (the U.S actress) said 'I think the issue has always been with me in particular, that I dared to reach beyond the box that I was put in and I think most people are comfortable when you stay in that box.'
I particularly think she is not alone in this problem, everyone is too. Do you remember the few times you tried to do things differently & be innovative but people shut you off? What about all those who do not meet the standard or are told off because they see things differently, define things differently, have a different priority from every one else?
Like she said, most people are comfortable when you stay in the little box they have drawn out for you.
Some people eventually find out and sadly, some do not find out that (1.) As Olivia will readily tell you, there is no box
(2.) It pays to be a creative deviant. (She has a leading role in one of TV's biggest drama and will star with Jonny Depp in an upcoming project) (3.) In the long run, people will accept your unique style as your selling point and even pay for it.


She is not done yet, she has one more thing to say and I think something of this sort is what should keep us all focused… 'I think that tomorrow, its all going away, that is how it happens to people. People get it and then it blows away. So I still feel I have to keep my head down and keep trying to make it in some way and everyday I pray it doesn’t end'… though we may not to every word on her last line, the fact here is that nothing stay forever so you are better off working hard and staying marketable.

No comments:

Post a Comment