Wednesday 5 February 2014

TO GO or NOT TO GO: Local or International

Hello All,

As you have already guessed, the picture above has almost nothing to do with the discussion of today but I had two intentions, I was itching to show off this beautiful picture and I could try to liken it to receiving blessings for the final decision made to depart or remain in your country of birth, which is actual related to our topic.

Make no mistake about it, this is an inspiration blog and inspire you is what I intend to achieve today. I want to inspire you to make the best of decisions.


I was doing okay in my country but I decided to go out to do a Masters program, the main aim of this was to become more employable because all along, I have had the mindset that life was all about graduating wonderfully and working for one of the best firms around but in the course of this journey, I discovered something invaluable. I know there are some of my friends(Nosa Iyare a.k.a Sexy Edo boy) who found this out earlier in life, I know this because he has always done whatsoever he had the drive to do that was legit.
I am sure he made a few mistakes or learned a few lessons but no one can take from him his experience.

What is the importance of this write up? This write up and the next one after it will help you with the best way to succeed whether home or abroad.
It is important to say that the rate at which most people want to go abroad and never come back and the schemes they get involved in is appalling but I have always been one who advocates 'Learn book and manners in Nigeria, then go out of Nigeria and learn sense and the many ways things can be done'.

The mistakes people make is that they think short term and they do not sit to count the cost of their actions they are so blinded by the craze to get out that once out, they become less useful to themselves and the society they come from.

You may not believe me when I say this, It is not always the best decision to travel with an aim to live in a foreign country or become a foreign citizen. There are different strokes for different folks. A potential millionaire may be tempted to exchange his 'potential' millions for a foreign passport because of the greener grass mentality.
Let me invite you to join me tomorrow as I practically break down this topic but believe me when I say this, wherever you are, you are in the best position to make impact and to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment