Sunday 26 January 2014

LAMENTATIONS... and NO, it is not a book from the bible!


Hello all,

Good morning handsome/beautiful... How was your night?

I titled today's blog post lamentations because there are a few grumbles in this post but it is a good read and is entirely true. read on sweetheart.

Journal of 10/01 at 10:30... My Journey to Nigeria
As i walked down to B33 (the check in area) two things amazed me:-
1. How everyone (Nigerians) managed to have 2 big hand luggage
2. How come on almost all flight trips to and from Nigeria, the plan is always full or almost full

Soon an announcement was made for those who had two bags as hand luggage to bring one bag to be checked in free of charge. As I made my way to the line, some of my countrymen acted as if it was a crime to wait turns and stand in line 'patiently'. of course, I was no exception I had two hand luggage but mehn, they were small in comparison to some other and I was returning from almost 2 years away... (you need to see the shock on my face when one man with the really big, heavy checked in luggage was asked how long he'd been away and he said 2 weeks... custom in naija held him for proper check o, hahahaha)

No sooner had we queued did someone try to jump the line, someone else complained of back pain which made it impossible to wait in queue but he had carried 2 big hand luggage from wherever... Omo, the Oyibo lady there don't play! she quickly asked him how he carried the 2 big bags with it and he had to wait in line.

As I boarded, the rowdiness was beyond belief...As I wondered why our people had a natural tendency for gragra-ism, One woman behind me began to give unsolicited advice to another guy some seats away. A baby seated not too far away made very un-intelligent noises and cried for most part of the journey.

It made me conclude, YOU ONLY HAVE NAIJA PROBLEMS IN NAIJA.
since I have international readership let me tell the meaning of some words:
- Oyibo means a caucasian
- Naija is a fun way to refer to Nigeria
-Omo is an exclamation
- gragra-ism is a reference to roughness and not being gentle

I will see you again tomorrow and this time, I mean it *kisses and hugs*
PEARL.

No comments:

Post a Comment