Monday 13 January 2014

UNFRIENDLY friends Part2


Hello,
It is a pleasure to be here once again, I am currently in Nigeria but let me talk about unfriendly friends before I whine a little bit about some things tomorrow (you have to promise not to laugh though).

Thank you to all of you who have commented and constantly followed this blog and stay with me all the time.

'UNFRIENDLY friends'... Why are people oblivious to some of these set of people around them? Why do people get hurt when unfriendly friends act out their true self?

How do you identify unfriendly friends?
There is no one definition that captures all the manifestations of unfriendly characters in friends. We are also not looking also for friends who cannot do us wrong or have never put a foot wrong.

A major way to avoid treating unfriendly friends as friends and friends like unfriendly friends is to test them all. A friend of mine always says 'If anything anybody is too good to be true, they probably are'.

Look out for how they treat their other friends, if they always love to talk about other people in a derogatory way... RUN FAR! or at least limit what they see and hear from you. Trust me, you cannot be the only one they don't talk about.

Unfriendly friends do not have anything to be thankful for in their lives, they love a pity party and love you to comfort them with a worse experience of your own, If you do not suffer in a similar way, then they get mad.
When you throw in a bomb of good news or event, watch the first expression and first sentence they say unconsciously.

Do not ignore the little warnings life give us, life will present us with a little expose... there are times you have mistakenly walked in on a 'friend' gossip or back bite... My typical reaction will be to save the supposed friend's face by putting on my earpiece before I am seen and making a little noise so they feel they noticed me first... (ha-ha... kind of devious but yes, I hate confrontation except when necessary) but when such occurrence repeats itself then heed life's warning because a friend is always bold enough to call you to order and if you have some as mean as some of my friend's Blessing and Nma... They do it mercilessly with a straight face or a laugh.

Enough for today, tomorrow or next; I will let you know what to do with UNFRIENDLY friends.
For now, special thanks to all who made my stay in Bristol fun... I love you all.
Pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment