Tuesday 10 December 2013

The Power Of A Smile


The message for today is all about a smile.

I remember the times when as a radio presenter with 5 other guys in the studio early in our working together experience, we usually used to have arguements within the 3 minutes a song was playing on air. As soon as the song ended and the mics were switched on, we had to function like nothing happened else it would come accross to our listeners.

While some presenters were horrible at this, I (a few of us actually) was okay with getting my happy vibe on even though I just came from a minor disagreement. My key was to talk with a smile on my face and it was only when we had sorted things out after the show that we would listen back and be like, OMW- No one would believe what was going down few minutes before this happily voiced part.

I am not an advocate for pretence as I would love everyone to be genuinely happy and get help if they are not happy. What I am against is ruining the day for everyone else because you are a little bit pissed or upset so I have decided to give 5 suggestions on how to become the cheerful person everyone wants to be around.

1. Learn to smile occassionally and consciously even without any external triggers

2. Smile before you do any interacting with people. Interactions such as picking your phones, before you say hi or start a conversation

3. When upset/angry or before you straighten someone up, take a breath and smile before you speak

4. Learn to laugh at yourself, deliberately have a good laugh everyday

5. Laugh at life... When life hands you a lemon, laugh real hard at life then make lemonade (Pearl, 2013)

You all went to good schools, right? Do not fail to reference me when quoting number 5... Hahahaha.
Have a good day,
Pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment