Friday 4 November 2016

CONCLUSION:THESE 5 THINGS MAY PREVENT YOU GETTING YOUR DREAM JOB AS A WOMAN







Hello,
In the previous post, we started 'These five things may prevent you from getting your dream job'. Here is the conclusion of that post with a short personal experience.
 

Ability to sell your capabilities

Your capabilities may be way beyond what your paper qualifications say but the only way you can be sure of clinching the job is if you can impress on the employer your ability to do the job. Sometimes, this is done through the cover letter but at other times it is done in the first five minutes of meeting with the employer or his agent.
MY STORY
I used to have a radio mode of talking (funny right?) and also had another mode of talking (as a pseudo-benin girl). So after ‘guesting’ at a radio station, I decided I loved the place and wanted to stay on. The managing director thanked me for showing up and I indicated interest in working with them and some other staff joined the relaxed atmosphere discussion. After I walked out of that office, it occurred to me Dang! You just finished your interview and you used your ‘benin voice’.
MORAL LESSON: Any meeting with a potential employer is an opportunity to sell you. Infact I no longer have two modes of speaking and I am learning how to be a better speaker

 Gender and age

Some establishments are anti-women, they see women as burdens because they have to take breaks in their careers to birth children or for some other reasons.
Some other organisations discriminate on basis of age.
Concerning these, you can do little to change it. The first thing that can be done is calling out employers who refuse you because of your gender and age when legally you are qualified.

I wish you the best in your search for your dream job, if the first four criteria is taken care of chances are that you will find your dream job. visit tomorrow for pointers on how to keep your dream job. Remember to share this post across all your social media platforms and leave me a comment.

PEARL.

No comments:

Post a Comment