Thursday 3 November 2016

THESE 5 THINGS THAT MAY PREVENT YOU GETTING YOUR DREAM JOB AS A WOMAN




Hello,
These are five major ways women let themselves down when they are earnestly searching for a job actually, the last one is no fault of theirs). Working on the first four points will increase your chances of being employed. Let’s get to it.

          Qualifications

Most jobs have a minimum requirement and sadly, even if you know what to do and have received informal training, you may not have the opportunity to explain that while you have not received any formal training or certifications for the job, you have an equally good informal equivalent.
There is the need to at least understand what you hope to achieve and find out the best way to position yourself. Let us use an example of a 30 year old who never had access to education beyond primary school Basic elementary) and has love for accounting. If he so desires he could take lessons that will help him sit for the junior school certificate examination and then senior school certificate exams. He can then proceed to write I.C.A.N. or its equivalent depending on the country of residence, when he becomes chartered as an accountant, he may practice the profession.

             Mindset


Too many motivational speakers have said ‘whatever your mind cannot conceive, you cannot achieve.’ If you lack faith in your ability to do anything, your self-doubt will show and sabotage all your subsequent ‘let me just try’ efforts.

          Presentation


How you present yourself is so important that sometimes, it is 50% the criteria for acceptance. I remember a lady who came to the radio station where I worked at the time, requesting that my colleague assist her to get a job at the station we worked. Even though she was supposedly backed by a Nigerian senator, she did not even get considered because the letter of authority was oil stained.
It is same with other aspects of you that help people form a first impression about you. Your make up and dressing should not be loud, If you need to use a spray please have one handy, Speak audibly, properly and politely (Please no slangs).
Personally, in the past I had gotten tired of dressing up good and going to the radio station because I thought, ‘my audience do not see me and the people who know me should already know I do not lack clothes in my wardrobe’. It was a serious error because not only did I make the people who knew me uncomfortable, it changed the way a few people related with me and maybe cost me some opportunities.

Read the last two tomorrow. this is already a long post so I will end here. Please remember to comment, share and subscribe to my blog. Thank you

Be back here tomorrow,
PEARL.

No comments:

Post a Comment