Monday 22 August 2016

HOW DO I NOT FEEL LIKE A FAILURE? NO JOB! NO PARTNER!

Hello,

If you have made it thus far, Congratulations, it shows you are benefiting from this series, remember this is part six of a ten part series so stick with me. If you have not read the past five posts, please do so.

You may say I have no job, how do I cope or start succeeding? Or I have a little education (or a lot of it), I have removed all stereotypes from my mind, I have even tried planning e.t.c. but I have also been searching for a job without success.



The unemployment rate in Nigeria is very high and most people who find work are not suitably placed, their capacity for performance is being underutilised. It is tough but remember tough times hardly outlive tough people. Remember Part 4 where you were advised to play with work/ work with play?. While you are applying to jobs, you may as well.
Remember Part 1 where we said get a little education (If you did not read it, you cannot understand it), it also comes in handy here. It is important to be busy while applying to Jobs.

Scan your environment, if no one will employ you, you have to employ yourself (Entrepreneurship). A mentor advised me never to look at myself as too big or educated to do any job or business including travelling to villages to buy from farmers and package for sale. While I did not do that exactly, I went to learn how to bake and would sell to my neighbours who had shops thus making money in hundreds (Did I mention I have an international M.Sc Finance?) while still blogging and play-earning with the radio. If you cannot get a job and still insist on working in a 9am-5pm, volunteer for free at an organisation and improve both your curriculum vitae and chances of getting employment.

It is also easy to feel like a failure when you do not have a partner in our society especially when you are approaching your mid 30's. Society seems to rubbish whatever achievement we have and think we got them by some preposterous and loose means. this is where Part 2 comes in handy for us.

Firstly, remember no other person holds the key to your happiness but yourself and you deserve a pat on the back for not accepting any 'Tobi' as your partner just yet.
Disabuse your mind of the stereotypes and do not get desperate, just be findable.

More important, read Part 2 : you are not a failure because you have not found a suitable pair, there is still more to life. most people find when they stop bothering themselves about it and focus on working on themselves to be better versions, they get positive result.

Lastly, We should not derive a value for ourselves from the number of relationships that did not work out for us. The reason I bother with these is because it is important to let the extra weight of worry go so you can focus on achieving.
FAILURE IS THE LAST BUSSTOP OF LIFE, THERE IS NO REASON TO FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE REACHED IT BEFORE YOUR LIFE IS OVER - PEARL

PEARL.

2 comments:

  1. You can also get involved with church work. Volunteer to serve in a department while waiting for a job

    ReplyDelete